Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Frank Kane's Reflection


Over the years, through activities at Regis High School, ski racing, service on the board of Children’s Hospital, and various organizations here on campus (i.e. Knights of Columbus and Social Mentors), I have retained a passion for helping others embrace as unique what sets them apart as individuals.  Merely in striving to help them accomplish this, I realize I have invited them to find God in their differences and handicaps and, thus, in all things.  I have always believed that wherever good can be found, so too can God, and vice versa. This belief continually compels  me to encounter God’s hand in an area of my life where many overlook it: my gait. Though the way in which I move is easily my most distinctive feature and does not come without certain setbacks, it remains something for which I give daily thanks to God and everyone around me. My gait more often than not allows me to bring out the best in those I love and in those whom I meet on campus each day.  In bringing out the best in those I love and encounter, I am hopefully better able find God in those people whom I often find it more difficult to love and to embrace.

-      Reflection by Frank Kane

Frank Kane is a sophomore majoring in Political Science and Philosophy.  Hailing from Denver, he is involved in the Knights of Columbus, Social Mentors, CLC, and the Kansas City branch of the National Sports Center for the Disabled. He maintains an unending passion for writing and politics and, before graduating, hopes to jumpstart the University’s College Democrats student organization.  

No comments:

Post a Comment