Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Charli Bultmann's Reflection


It is difficult for me to pinpoint a specific moment in which I have found God, especially during this past year at Rockhurst. This year has been more of a journey on the path of creating a beautiful relationship with God for me.  I have seen God while walking to classes when I see the sun shining so brightly and the sky hovering above me in its rich blue color.  I have especially become aware of God lately in the budding of new life in the trees and flowers all over campus.  But God is not only present in these things; this year, more than ever, I have seen God in the people in my life. My family, close friends, and even acquaintances have been compassionate and thoughtful in ways I never realized before.  It is every person around me that makes me see God.  He is in all of us in one way or another.  I believe that it is our experiences with others that truly help us to find God.  These experiences unite us not only as a Rockhurst community but also as a community of God.

Charli Bultmann is a sophomore Biology major at Rockhurst.  Hailing from Carrollton, Missouri, she is a Student Ambassador, member of Phi Delta Epsilon, Zeta Tau Alpha, and CLC.  At this year’s Easter Vigil, Charli received her first communion and was confirmed into the Catholic Church.  

No comments:

Post a Comment