Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Anna Alfonsin's Reflection

In a perfect world, finding God in all things would be a simple task every day.  I grew up in a family that encouraged finding God in everything around us.   As I grew older I began to hear the question, “If God is everywhere then why is there tragedy in our world?”  Tragedy is an obstacle that can make our search for God a little more difficult, but with our faith, we can definitely overcome this obstacle.  I have seen, especially in the past few years that our community response to tragedy is God reaching out to those in need.  Natural disasters, family disputes or tragedies,  and war have all plagued our world.  I am always so inspired by the aid sent to victims and the support that can arise from our society today.  It is in those moments that I have seen my favorite image of God in all things.  One of my favorite quotes that  I’ve learned to use in times of crisis is, “If God brings you to it, God will bring you through it.” He’s always around, but sometimes we may have to look past what is right in front of us in order to find Him.   
- Reflection by Anna Alfonsin




Anna Alfonsin is a senior Nursing major from Overland Park, KS.  She is a member of the women’s soccer team and CLC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment